I was nominated for the Liebster award by my best friend and former college roommate (freshies to seniors, with a sad, miserable little gap year in between…), Steph.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It’s a way to acknowledge each other and say “you’re doing a great job”. It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it’s also a nice way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers!
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person(s) who nominated you. You pass the Award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. You’re not allowed to nominate the blog(s) who nominated you! (To get the button, right click the picture on my page and save the picture to your computer. You can then upload to your blog.)
Unfortunately, I am a sucker for the big, fancy-shmancy blogs whose followers go well into the triple digits, sooo I will just have to do with less than 11 small blogs to give my own award to!
Here are the blogs I’ve nominated for the Liebster award:
1. Behind These Eyes (Steph’s blog – sweet, refreshing, thoughtful! Her reflections on her dream-job as a Youth Minister, her happy marriage, and her sweet baby girl)2. Worthy of Agape (another friend from college, and also a devoted Youth Minister – Amanda has a fiery passion for the hearts of young women!)3. little bit of paradise (a friend from my home church of St. Mary’s in Greenville, SC… Stephanie Weinert’s blog is full of the joy of motherhood and I NEVER miss a post! Her little boys are the cutest!)4. Purposefully Chosen (an old camp friend! This lovely lady was actually my co, fav co EVER!… and her blog is both gentle and beautiful. Her pinterest is also the best – I think I repin at least one of her pins daily!).5. Mothering Sunshine Jenny is an old friend and mentor from Belmont Abbey… I love her. She is one of the most humble and hardworking mothers you will meet. Super generous heart!6. The Big White Farmhouse – this mama is a way more experienced blogger than I am, probably too much so for this award! but she is sweet and a great blogger and deserves a shout out! And I’d love to see your answers to these little questions, Ashley!
I could actually come up with several more blogs, but I am on a time crunch. I have been severely limiting my time online, because I need discipline!
RANDOM FACTS ABOUt MYSELF:I have no time for this! So instead here are my answers to Steph’s questions. My answers are plenty random enough to count!:
1. If you could be an animal, what would you be? Um. I am a people pleaser, so I guess the fact that I like Labs is appropriate 😉 But I would probably be like a bird of some sort because I’m self-sufficient and a little floaty. Lol. Maybe a seagull.
2. What is your favorite thing about yourself? Any attribute- physical or other.I think my favorite quality that I know I have is my optimism. I have bad days like every other person – but my cheerfulness has always been pretty resilient. I am really grateful for this quality.
3. If you could ask God one thing right now, what would it be?Are there any living sea-dinosaurs in the deep dark bottom of the ocean? I’ve always suspected so but I would need God’s word on it…
I’d probably just ask for my children to grow old in economic and political stability, cause neither is looking too promising right now…
4. If you could tell your five year old self one thing, what would it be?If the bathtub DID break underneath you, you wouldn’t ACTUALLY be swept into the sewer. You’d be in a puddle of mud just inches lower in the foundation of the house. Take a chill pill.
5. What is your fondest memory of your childhood?Right now I keep thinking of that really chilly night each year that my Dad would light the first fire of the season. This was in Albany, GA – when we moved to Florida, it was obviously so rare to have a fire!…Often it would be in November. We would snuggle up round it the crackling hearth, and my Mom would read the Chronicles of Narnia out loud to us for hours before bedtime. My mom is an actress and her read-alouds are unparalleled!
6. Who is the one person you admire most. Why?duh answer – my husband. He is brilliant and yet so down to earth. He has this quality of distant, reserved manliness which is a ridiculous turn-on for me (must be from years of swooning over Mr. Darcy!)…yet I can always get him to completely warm up with me and act like a hilarious boy. That quality makes me feel so special.
But for a more interesting answer:Okay – this is kind of self-contradictory of me – I know I just wrote a whole long post about my realization that motherhood is a full-time job, and its ok to JUST do that!… but I have a huge, huge admiration for mothers who don’t just have their lives stop because they had a baby. I think its important for women to see that. Motherhood is something that adds huge dimensions to your life, but it doesn’t need to stop you from being you. Therefore, I really admire moms like Gisele Bundchen and Miranda Kerr who are freaking Supermodels and completely, unabashedly devoted to their babies… Kara Goucher, an unbelievable runner and a loving mother… women who still push themselves to do great things. They don’t throw the towel in because they had a baby. Yet they carry those babies along on their hips for the ride!
7. Describe yourself in three words.Imaginative. Thoughtful. Forgiving.
8. Why did you start a blog?I started the blog right after I came home from my Aunt Caroline’s funeral. She passed away in her early forties, and I wanted to carry on the torch of being a thoughtful, persistent writer like she was, even as a mother of 6!She used to take me out for coffee whenever I’d visit them. She even sent me a letter or two with lists of life-changing books that I HAD to check out. (Thank you Aunt Caroline for starting my love affair with “Brideshead Revisited”! I will never stop needing to re-read that book every spring!) I still feel a connection to her when I have been writing alot. I think she’d be really proud of how my writing is growing.
9. If you only had one store to shop at for the rest of your life, what would it be?Unfortunately… J.Crew. I very rarely buy things full-price there though and I feel like I get every penny’s worth from the quality and enduring style! But chances are any given outfit of mine is 75% J.Crizzle
10. What make-believe world out of any book or movie would you LOVE to travel to?I am going with Amanda on this one – Hogwarts all the way!
11. If you were stranded on a deserted island… just kidding. If someone wrote a book about your life, what actress would play your role? haha this is a funny question. Are we talking looks or attitude? Can I pick Rachel McAdams? She has a good mix of girly and thoughtful. Is that super self-flattering and inaccurate? Would it be more like Maya Rudolph? Haha I love me some Maya though, for realz.
If you follow my blog and your blog was not mentioned in this award list, please go ahead and take the award! I do read your blogs, I just can’t find the time to list them all with the proper links! 🙂 But I would love to get to know each of you better in your answers to these questions!
I don’t have time to make up any new ones on my own – or answer YOUR awesome ones as well, Amanda, I’m sorry – so y’all just do these questions! 🙂